Thursday, February 23, 2012

Where Oh Where....

After getting a couple of emails from people asking about where I got specific things in our family room, I thought I would just do a post on it. I meant to do that before, but forgot, so here we go! As a general rule, most things I have, I collected over time and on clearance or used, so you won't just be able to run out and purchase it. But, it can give you an idea of things you can find if you keep your eyes peeled.
(click on photos to see larger)

Window: white grommet curtains-Target, bamboo shades (2)-JcPenney.com, extra large satin nickel curtain rod- Target
Couch: sofas are from Raymour & Flanigan, yellow rosette pillow- Target, blue chevron pillows and Amy Butler pillow- made with fabric from fabric.com using a simple envelope-style cover
Side Table- table is a hand me down antique, lamp-RMHouse $6 thrifted item with handmade fabric roses added, photo box- Pottery Barn, silver star- Pier 1, magazine basket on side of sofa- Pier 1
Bookcase-Target (just a temporary piece in the room), clock on bookcase- Target, patterned slipper chair in corner of photo-Target.com
Desk: gorgeous attorneys desk-thrifted for FREE, chalkboard-curbside find revamped, lamp-RMHouse $6 thrifted item, chair- RMHouse thrifted (free with the $10 vanity I bought), yellow photo boxes for storage-Christmas Tree Shop, white photo box-Joanns, gray Moroccan patterned tray and magazine file-Target dollar section, beer mug with pens in it-Pottery Barn, frame-Target, tall slotted piece-hand me down antique mail sorter, plant (which needs a pretty pot)-gift, ugly old filing cabinet-I have no idea, but it was free, and it desperately needs a makeover!
Trunk/Coffee Table-RMHouse $20 thrifted item, magazine photo box on trunk-Paper Coterie, foot stool in front of sofa-RMHouse $5 thrifted then recovered with yellow chevron fabric from fabric.com, orange chair (to be revamped by painting the wood accents white)-hand me down antique that I have been storing in my attic for YEARS to be able to use someday!, sheepskin thrown over the orange chair-Ikea, chevron pillow-made from fabric.com yellow chevron with a simple envelope style cover, brown storage ottoman-Target, console table with tv on it-Target (temporary until we do our wall unit of some type), white ottoman under console table-Ikea, white pedestal end tables-Ikea that we then painted white, lamps-Target, lampshades-Ikea, yellow porcelain tealight holder on table-Pier 1, ponytail palm and white planter-Ikea, basket (it is our diaper caddy)-Blue Hare Antiques, FABULOUS wool trellis area rug which I LOVE-Overstock. They are two 5x8 rugs used together with an anti-slip mat underneath.
PHEW! I think I got it all. Luckily the walls are still bare so no need to talk about those. Can't wait to paint in here too! We are going with a beautiful, warm shade of gray. The gallery wall should be done soon. Well, the hanging of it rather. Then I have to choose photos! Yikes. When that is finished, I'll take some better, non-distorted photos of the room too.

So, as you can see now, my number 3 shopping locales are: Target, Ikea, and the Ronald McDonald House Annual Sale. I always walk out of there with a TRUCK full of stuff for cheap. I write a list that I keep for the year of things I want to keep my eyes out for. It stinks that it is just once a year (October), since that is really the only place I get "thrifted" items from since I really don't have time to check out thrift stores. Occasionally I will go to one of my favorite antique stores for smalls, but not often. The good thing is, the RMHouse sale is THE BEST SALE ever. You can find anything and everything there for garage sale prices. Plus it all goes to charity! Win win people. Win win.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you support the RMH! :) I don't know if ours does sales, as ours is small. But every bit of money you give them goes towards helping a family feel comfortable while dealing with horrific diseases! In Philly they only ask $15 per night from us, any hotel will be $130 at least with a RMH discount.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!