Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Bit Of Entryway Progress

As you can see here, my entry is in need of some attention still. Bare bare bare:

So I spent some time in Photoshop and made up a bunch of different printables based off a slew of ideas I found on Pinterest (you can check out all the different ones I have pinned). I just printed them here at home, since we have a new printer full of ink, but I could have just as easily ordered 1 hour photo prints of them too. I made 5 different ones, but I only have 3 white frames at the moment, so that's all I hung so far. Michaels has a great coupon for 25% off all frames (even sale ones!) for this week, so I think I'll be heading over there in the next couple of nights for a bunch. If I am ambitious I might even start working on my gallery wall in the family room too. We'll see.

Here are the 3 I have done already. It won't stay this way. I'll add more to the wall with just the one. Also, we plan to open up the dining room by knocking out the space that the 2 frames are on, so clearly that will change down the line.


I also haven't decided what to do in terms of furniture. I think once we remove that side wall, I would like to put a tall, narrow piece on the wall with the closet. Maybe something with baskets so we can store things like mittens, kid shoes, keys etc. Maybe something like this? (Target)

Although white and narrower even. We'll see what I can find.

Here are some close ups.

The one on the left says "Welcome to" and then our GPS coordinates. Although, the ones you see are not our exact ones. I didn't think that would be a great idea, putting our exact location online. So I edited a bit.

The ampersand I really like because it looks like a fancy E. That line you see through it is just a reflection of the railing. If you haven't noticed, I am trying to introduce a bit of sunny yellow throughout the first floor. With the grays and whites, it gives the first floor a nice connection. Plus it is so cheery and light.

The other two prints I made will be added as soon as I snatch up some more frames. The horizontal piece looks so lonely and definitely too small all alone on that wall.

I have also thought about adding some white coat hooks here. I go back and forth because I think they would look nice, but the thought of people hanging their jackets here makes me cringe a bit. It would be so cluttered I think. I have also thought of adding some board and batten to the entry. I'm just not sure yet. We'll have to wait and see how things end up once the walls are opened up. That chair doesn't fit and won't stay, but for now it is nice to have a spot to park it when you are putting on your shoes.

So it's coming along. Piece by piece right?  Anyone have any thoughts on where I should head in this space?

2 comments:

  1. I have an idea for that corner space in the entryway where you hung these pics..

    Think the idea of "Wall Words", but black silhouettes of the kids...like LIFE-SIZE silhouettes of the kids.

    Noah on the smaller of the 2 walls, and Oliver & Holden on the other 2.

    Maybe even Oliver and Holden holding hands, like they were running off into the next room together.

    And maybe Noah making a heart with his hands over his head.

    ~ Care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute idea!! I have no idea how that could even be done...I'll have to brainstorm. That might even be cute in their bedrooms too. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback!