Wednesday, February 22, 2012

In The Midst

Nothing major today, but I thought I'd talk a bit about the things we are working on.

Last night I made my way over to Michael's to take advantage of the sale they have going on this week for frames. A good portion are 40% off, but there is also a coupon for an extra 25% off your entire frame purchase, sale or regular price. That is a pretty rare coupon to come by, so I figured I would take advantage of it by trying to put together our gallery wall for the family room. Now, the frames I am using for this project are new at Michael's so they weren't on sale and probably won't be for awhile, so I thought this was a decent deal.

So here I am, laying frames all over the floor. Arranging them all around until things fit right. The saleswomen were very irritated looking. They kept looking down the aisle with this lovely look on their face. I mean, come on now. It was 15 minutes before closing so no one was there, and I told them I was going to put everything back. Oh well.

So yes, I have quite the arrangement going on. It was tricky tricky trying to get all the frames into the border I wanted, but I think I accomplished it after trying a million configurations. I then took a couple pictures on my phone so that I could replicate it at home. Here is that shot:

I can't figure out how to rotate the photo, sorry about that.

It is pretty large, about 90" long and 40" tall. Looking at it now, I am noticing most the frames are vertical, but I think it will work out alright. My next step (hopefully tonight) is to get it up on the wall. I have a good system I'll be using, so I think it should be relatively straightforward and simple.

I also grabbed a couple of frames for the entryway. Those ones ended up being under $4 a piece, which is great for an 11x14 with a mat.

Here is the entryway today. I printed out the GPS one again but with a lighter gray chevron background so that you can more easily read the writing. I feel like I need one more horizontal one on the other wall, above the 2 vertical. I also think I will do the coat hooks under there....

I think I might switch up the bottom (family rules) print with a more solid, colored print. It looks a bit too white in that row. We'll see. It is all evolving here.
Steve started on the doors upstairs last night while I was out. One door replaced so far! Can't wait to see how it looks when they are all in. He did our closet door and already our room looks brighter and larger. YAY for progress!

P.S. If you would like a copy of the family rules, shoot me an email and I can edit one for you. Just let me know what you would like me to change. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!